Imago Dei 2019
Imago Dei is the Latin translation of "Image of God" as found in the Bible Genesis in the creation story.
This project comes as a personal reflection of the concept Imago Dei, the Latin translation of "Image of God" according to the Bible Genesis in the creation story. Imago Dei explores the relation between the Catholic imagery and how this visual codes can be appropriated to represent my inner God.
It’s important to rethink the imagery of divinity and open ourselves to the possibility of a diverse and inclusive superior being that represents and identifies each one of us, a God’s figure that welcomes difference and expands the expression possibilities of individuals.
1. free from spot or stain; spotlessly clean
2. free from moral blemish or impurity; pure; undefiled.
3. free from fault or flaw; free from errors
4. an adjective associated to the figure of the Virgin Mary
5. Biology. having no spots or colored marks; unicolor.
6. Photography and photomanipulation
1. a legendary creature that combines features of animal and human form or having the forms of various animals in combination.
2. one who deviates from normal or acceptable behavior or character
3. creature that exceeds the common characteristics according to the other beings of his kind
4. photography and photo manipulation
Monster is a project that originates from my interest as a photographer in the concept of beauty and ugliness. The goal is to question the uniformity and exclusion imposed by the classic aesthetic canons and to generate a possible acceptance of discordant beauty expressions with those aesthetic standards. Monster is a visual reflection that pretends to explore a new conception of beauty from the point of view of the difference and imagination
Note: The text above was written by the Artist. No modification was made by COCA.
Juan Camilo Estevez
I’m a designer, photographer and art director from Colombia, currently living and working in Bogotá.
My work is focused mainly in fashion and fine art photography, I’m really interested in experimentation with digital art and photo manipulation, blurring the lines between reality and fantasy.
I'm interested in the constant development of projects and concepts through collaborations with different brands, photographers and artists.