FRESH·RICE Open Call
– Artists of any nationality, over the age of 18, evidencing a committed artistic career are welcome to submit their work. A university degree is not required to participate.
- All forms of two-dimensional and three-dimensional work in any medium are welcome, such as: painting, drawing, illustration, street art, digital, printmaking, fiber, photography, installation and sculpture. There are no restrictions on the dimensions of work submitted.
- Phase 1 · In accordance with our Open Call Quota System, at least 70% of selected artists will be female-identifying, members of the LGTBQ community or racialized persons, and no more than 30% of selected artists will be male. (Read more on why we are doing this in our ABOUT section)
- Phase 2 · All shortlisted artists will be featured in our online magazine.
- Phase 3 · Selected artists will participate in a two-week long exhibit at the prestigious MUTUO art gallery in Barcelona, Spain at the end of May 2020.
COMISSIONS AND FEES
- Participation fees*:
- 10€ to submit 2 artworks
- 20€ to submit 5 artworks
- 30€ to submit 10 artworks
*Non refundable – these funds will go towards supporting the initiative as well as to include art professionals in the process, aiming to enlarge the scope and impact of both our publications and exhibitions.
- Selected work must be available for sale during the exhibition and shall remain at our disposition for up to 6 months so that we are able to showcase them in following exhibitions. Earnings from all artwork sales will go 60% towards the artists and 40% to RICE Initiative, these funds will be used to cover the expenses related to the curation and organization of exhibitions, print materials, marketing and promotion activities.
- Packing and shipping charges, insurance in transit, handling expenses, and loss or damage incurred in the delivery of artworks to and from RICE will be solely undertaken by the artist.
- Selected artists will not incur in any other additional charges than those listed above.
HOW TO APPLY
- Select and fill out one of the following online submission forms (you will find the forms at https://www.rice-initiative.com/apply), according to the number of images you wish to submit. It will require images in JPEG format of individual artworks, a bio, an artist statement, website or social media link, and your contact details.
- Please note all works submitted must be for sale.
- Submissions sent via email or other channels will not be reviewed.
- The call will be open from March 8, until April 18, 2020 (Midnight CET).
- Shortlisted and selected artists will be informed via email by April 31, 2020.
- Please go to our website for further info, there you will also find a form you can submit with any doubts or questions you may have.
Opportunity by RICE INITIATIVE
Web site: https://www.rice-initiative.com/